The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering together with BugaTech invites qualified applicants for a Short Course on Mobile Communication Device Assembly Repair and Maintenance.
The objective of this course is to provide knowledge of mobile communication devices and hands-on training in their assembly, repair and maintenance. At the end of the course, participants must be able to work in mobile phone and related devices manufacturing plants. Participants will also be able to set up mobile phone repair and maintenance shops of their own.
The trainers who are very experienced and innovative in this field will take participants through rigorous training from the basics of mobile communications devices to assembly, repair and maintenance.
Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs)
- An ability to comprehend the technology of mobile communication devices and be able to repair and maintain them.
- An ability to develop mobile apps using appropriate programming environments.
- An ability to apply the knowledge acquired to assemble mobile communication devices for the market using pre-assembled modules.
- An ability to innovate in the project area of mobile communication device assembly maintenance and repair.
- Understanding environmental and safety precautions of the mobile phone industry.
The course targets applicants with the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Electrical, Telecommunication, Computer Engineering and Information Technology.
- Degree in Physics, Electrical, Telecommunication and Computer Engineering
- Certificate in Electronics e.g. Radio-Television and Electronics (RTET)
- Any other field related to the above.
Registration fee: UGX 50,000 (Fifty thousand Uganda Shillings)
Course fees: UGX 800,000 (Non-university students), UGX 300,000 (University Students)
Account Name and number: BugaTech Cellphone Works Ltd (Account Name) 211101522151180 (Account Number) GT Bank Buganda Rd (Bank Name).
Course Duration and Start Dates
The course lasts for eight (8) weeks and will start on 15th September 2019.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering Department
P.O Box 01, Kyambogo-Kampala
Tel: +256414287348 / +256772481111 /+256772631062
To apply for this course, click here and fill the application form. The deadline for receiving applications is 10th September 2019.