Dr. SsennogaTwaha holds a Bsc. in Telecommunication Engineering, from Kyambogo University, Msc. in Electrical power from UniversitiTekinologi Malaysia (UTM) and a PhD in Sustainable Energy Technology from the University of Nottingham in United Kingdom (UK).
He has experience in Telecommunication industry having worked as an Executive Engineer in Intelligent Network and Value added services (IN & VAS) in Warid Telecom (U) Ltd, which was merged with Airtel Uganda. He is passionate about and has experience in Teaching, having worked as lecturer in King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) in Saudi Arabia. Before Joining Kyambogo University as Lecturer the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, he was a research associate at the university of Nottingham for one year where he participated in a number of proposal writing and partial supervision of PhD students.
He is an experienced researcher having participated in a number of funded projects including; Investigation of Wind Characteristics and Return on Investment of Wind Power Systems in the Coastal Area of Saudi Arabia 2015 – 2016, Application of Machine Learning Methods in Predicting Solar Data To Determine the Energy Requirements of Selected Regions in Saudi Arabia 2014 – 2015 and Techno-economic Energy Analysis of Wind/Solar Hybrid Power Systems on the West Coastal Area of Saudi Arabia 2014 – 2015.
He has published over 20 journal articles in high profile international journals more especially in Elsevier such as Renewable and Sustainable Energy reviews, Energy, Energy conversion and Management etc. He has also participated in international conferences in Malaysia, UK and Italy. His Google Scholar profile can be accessed here: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=T0YFm60AAAAJ&hl=en
He is a journal reviewer for several international Journal including the following;
- Applied energy- Elsevier
- International journal of Renewable and Sustainable energy
- Applied Soft Computing-Elsevier
- Solar Energy-Elsevier
- Electrical Engineering-Springer
- International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems-Elsevier
- Sustainable cities and society-Elsevier
- Utilities policy-Elsevier
- Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments-Elsevier
He is a member of several international Professional Associations such as:
- Member, IEEE (The Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers), membership number 92183444. 2014 to 2017
- Member, IEEE Power and Energy society, membership number 92183444. 2014 to date
- Member, IEEE Power Electronics society, membership number 92183444. 2014 to date
His research interest is in Renewable Energy Systems, Distributed Energy Generation and Thermoelectric Generation.