Dr. Excellence Favor is a professional in Electrical, Electronics, ICT and Telecommunications Engineering. She served as a member (director) of Board of directors National Information Technology Authority-Uganda, head of telecommunication section Kyambogo University and is a Lecturer at Kyambogo University.
Academic qualifications; Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Telecommunications Engineering from University of Dar es Salaam – Concentration area – Unified Communications and Integrated Collaborations Systems in the Health Sector of Developing Countries, Master’s of Science in Telecommunications Engineering from University of Dar es Salaam – Concentration area- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Deployment and Exploitation in the rural health centers of Developing countries, Bachelor of Engineering Telecommunications Engineering (1st Class Honours) from Kyambogo University awarded the best female student of the year and Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering from Uganda polytechnic Kyambogo (credit) and CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator/Associate) (Proficient).
My key qualification is governance, management and total field monitoring experience of more than 16 years in Electrical and Electronics Engineering works, Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Management, and Telecommunications works at various progressive academic levels, Engineering departments, firms, and Projects. Network planning, designing, installation and management. Structural cabling, procurement, assembling/installation of new equipment, ensuring the security of the systems hardware and software for various categories of Network architecture complexity, being flexible to any new computer programs and applications, IT support to users on the good use of equipment and proper care and advisory services on the type of equipment to be purchased for a particular institution arrangement and location. Management of building construction works/sites.
Prepare and deliver lectures, Undertaking research on specialised fields of study in Electrical, Electronics, ICT and telecommunications engineering and publish the findings in books or professional and academic journals. Attend meetings and conferences to do with research, budget and policy matters and departmental administration.
- Creativity on fostering solutions to engineering problems in the areas of electrical, electronics, ICT and telecommunications engineering and relations between Industry and University.
- A strong management ability, Networking, planning, designing, implementation, administration, Entrepreneurship, accounting, public relations, resource control skills in electrical, electronics, ICT and telecommunications engineering areas.
- Dedication to team, driven by strong interpersonal and technical skills and ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and achieve results in difficult situations.
- Capacity to think strategically in regards to long-term program goals while successfully managing the short-term priorities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems at high levels in the organizations.