The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (DEEE) at Kyambogo University has its roots as far back as 1928 when Uganda Polytechnic Kyambogo (UPK) started.
In 2001, Kyambogo University was formed and the department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering became part of the newly created Faculty of Engineering.
The department offers eight programmes, namely:
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Telecommunication Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechatronics and Biomedical Engineering
- Higher Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Biomedical Engineering
The department was a pioneer in Uganda in training biomedical engineers and technicians and in 2011, the first cohort of students was admitted to pursue a diploma in biomedical engineering.
We have a number of active research groups including Power and Energy Research Group (PERG), Wireless Communication Research Group (WCRG) and Biomedical Applications Research Group (BARG).